Thursday, September 18, 2008

Dear Kathy,


Today is your birthday.

I had planned a few ways to celebrate both our special days, but life interceded and you're too many miles away for the time being. So while I won't go on and on (because really, do our readers want to hear it?) I will tell you that if you were here, I would bring you flowers. Not these (though I did put them together today while I thought about you), but something orange...and probably pokey. And I would tell you (as I dropped off the flowers and whisked you away for a sugar-free lunch) that I appreciate having you in my life. You help maintain my sanity. You make this job fun when its not. You give me things to think about on a deeper level. You are generous with my children. And most of all, you are a wonderful friend.

I am lucky to know you.

So despite everything that is going on where you are (and in your heart), I hope you're able to take a moment to enjoy your birthday.

Can't wait for you to come home.

Much love,
Liz

2 comments:

O'BRIEN FAMILY BLOG said...

kathy - how lucky you are to have liz and how lucky she is to have you! you know how jealous i am! i am sending love and some emails your way.

Unknown said...

Happy B-Day Kathy!