Tuesday, February 6, 2007

Kim and Chris






Saturday, February 3 was Kim and Chris' wedding at the Salt Lake temple and reception at The Old Meeting House. She chose multiple shades of red roses (Black Magic, Black Bacarra, Freedom, and Charlotte) and hypericum berries for her flowers, along with Camillia, Myrtle, seeded eucalyptus, and lots of sheer black ribbon as accents. Kim was gorgeous -- her cranberry red sash matched the roses perfectly!
Kate Benson, one of my favorite photographers EVER, shot this wedding. She graciously sent me these photos yesterday to post here. Thank you, Kate! The last photo is absolutely not Kate's -- I think you'll notice a striking difference in talent and quality -- it's one I shot before I left the reception. It's a fresh rose and berry topiary tree over 4 1/2 feet tall. You'll see there are also roses, berries, greenery and moss at the base of the trunk. The head of the topiary used over 125 roses alone and was deceptively heavy! Just gorgeous, though...

If you're in the market for a photographer, make sure you check out www.katebensonphotography.com

1 comment:

Special K said...

Liz!
I am so happy that I discovered your blog! You did such an incredible job on our flowers! WOW! Thank you for everything! It was so great to work with you!
---Kim