Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!



I know that the majority of our readers are not yet mothers, but for those of you that are, please accept my most heartfelt of Mother's Day wishes! I don't think I fully appreciated all that my own mom sacrificed on my behalf until I started having kidlets of my own. Now I can see how much hard work, dedication, patience, and love are required to get through each and every day as a mother.

I, for one, had a fabulous Mother's Day. I got to sleep in until 10:00 AM which is so luxurious for any mom. If that weren't a treat enough,I was surprised with a half-dozen of the finest cupcakes in all of Utah from Minis. For those of you that haven't ventured to Minis, DO! Our resident food critic (Kathy) encouraged us to try Minis after a few visits to another local cupcake joint and they are mind-blowingly delicious! The Lemon Pie and Chocoholic are by far my favorites... Of course I had to share the cupcakes with a 4-year-old who only wanted to lick the frosting off the cake, but that seemed rather appropriate given the holiday.

These little arrangements are part of what our own mothers received today. My mom and Tyler's mom do so much to help us and our little company -- especially during our busy summer season. My kids are so lucky to be able to hang with their grandmas so frequently! They're also pretty dang lucky to be surrounded by such fabulous Whimsy women. Thanks to all our team (especially the ever-present Kathy) for being such important figures in my kids' lives. We love and appreciate you all.

Hope everyone had a great day!

1 comment:

Kathy K said...

Awww, shucks. Thanks :) I love your little kidlets :) Glad you had a good mother's day. And the arrangements are gorgeous! :)