Thursday, June 3, 2010

The purge continues: Literature

I know, I know...I've been MIA.
Its crazy, really. I only took two weeks off to have a BABY, and yet getting our massive renovation finished (and the family and business moved) has required all my spare time for months now. I've got so much to show you, and so much to post, but it will have to continue to wait for a couple more weeks while we get moved, then unpacked, then finally settled. Our spring weddings have been fabulous, our summer and fall calendar is almost booked, and our consultation schedule is booking out two weeks now. So yes, we're still around and still working! (Would you believe I've actually gotten emails asking if I've retired???) Hang in there with me, folks. There is indeed a light at the end of the tunnel here, and I'm definitely looking forward to resuming some semblance of normalcy.

But until then...I pack and pack some more. And as I pack, I find more items I want to say goodbye to. The inventory sale I had last month was a huge success, so I'm going to post a few more things in the event there is an interested bride/budding designer/hobbyist out there who might benefit from what we no longer need or use.

Today, its all about literature.

Years ago, I used to collect books and magazines on floral design. Not necessarily tutorial books, but books that had pretty photos of flowers. (Because who can really get enough of looking at beautiful designs?) I can't bear to let most of them go yet, but there are a small handful I haven't cracked open in ages. These are now up for sale to anyone who is interested. They're available for immediate pick-up in Holladay, or I'm happy to ship them to you if you reside out-of-state as well. So without further adieu:



The Best of Martha Stewart Weddings, list price $50.00. In gently used condition. Sale price, $10.00


A Bouquet of Roses: Glorious Arrangements for all Occasions, by Christina Wressell. List price, $19.95. In excellent, like new condition. Sale price, $5.00.



Bouquets: A Year of Flowers & Settings for the Table, by Marsha Heckman. List price, $22.50. In excellent, like new condition. Sale price, $5.00.



Bouquets: A Year of Flowers for the Bride, by Marsha Heckman. List price, $19.95. In gently used condition. Sale price, $4.00.



Better Homes and Gardens Creative Collection issues.
Simply Creative Wedding Flowers, list price $9.95 (paperback...but stiffer and glossier than a magazine), and Simply Creative Weddings, list price $5.99. Both in excellent condition. Sale price, $2.00 for both.



Brides Magazine, April, May, & June 2010 issues. Newsstand price, $5.99 each. All in like new condition. Sale price, $2.00 for all three.



Misc floral and bridal magazines: Flora, Colorado Bride, and two past issues of Utah Bride and Groom. List price, $1.50 for the set.



42 back-issues of Florists' Review Magazine. (That's right -- 42 issues) This is a trade-only magazine, so you won't find it on newsstands. Its a publication I subscribed to for years (and have already passed along half the issues I previously owned). It contains industry news, trends, tutorials, tons of photos from tons of American designers, business tips, supply resources, etc. The subscription price is $42 per year (a total value of $73.50). They're all in great condition. Sale price, $15 for the lot.

2 comments:

Megan D. said...

Hi Liz,
I would love to buy some of these - If they are still available I would like the 2 Bouquets: A Year of Flowers books, the misc. set of bridal mags, and the Better Homes and Gardens mags
I can come pick them up. My email address is mdunford@epgaz.com
Thanks!

Salt Lake City Catering said...

What an awesome idea! Maybe I'll have to get some of my stuff out and sell it off. Thanks!
-Micah