Monday, April 21, 2008

Opie Foto










This past weekend was the Thanksgiving Point Bridal Expo, and while we weren't exhibitors, we did a few florals for Opie Foto's booth at the show.
Like any wedding vendor who's been around the block more than a few times, I have a handful of people I love working with and like to recommend to brides based on their excellence in business, skill, and professionalism. Be it photography, tailoring, cakes, venues, stationary -- anything really -- I only recommend vendors who exhibit proven consistency in their work and who I see are striving to master their art. Opie Foto is one of those vendors I enjoy being associated with. She's not only one of my favorite local photographers, she's also one of my favorite former clients. From the our first meeting, it was pretty apparent that she has a very distinctive style -- one that I certainly could not pull off myself, and one that I find simply captivating. If you have ever looked at the photographer's names attached to the gallery photos on my site, you'll see a number of her shots. Each one is rich and artistic. She shoots from angles that seem to make everything more beautiful and its a real treat to see my own work through her eyes. I think of her as being almost like King Midas -- everything she "touches" with her camera lens is gorgeous. Truly art. And if that weren't enough, she's modest, down-to-earth, and genuine to boot (and she's probably rolling her eyes as I say all this about her!).
It sounds like she had a really successful show and I'm glad for that. You ladies watch -- Opie Foto is going to take our little Utah wedding industry by storm. If you're interested in her, you'd better book her fast. I have a feeling she's going to be mighty busy this year...

No comments: