Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Thanks for the Thank You!


I have some of the most thoughtful clients!
I received this sweet thank you gift and note from Sarah (see previous post).

Liz,
Just wanted to let you know how wonderful it was working with you and to thank you for all your amazing work. Planning this wedding from the UK was a breeze thanks in such a large part to you. I hope you like the pin. In Scotland, grooms traditionally wear thistle so I thought you would get a kick out of it. Thank you again!
Sarah


The insert that came with the pin said that "Heathergems" are made from the stems of heather that have been dried, shotblasted, and dyed various colors. Stems of different colors are then mixed together and compressed into a block by 80 tons of pressure. The block is cut into slices and individual pieces are cut, shaped, and filed by craftsmen before being lacquered and set into silver fittings. Its a very pretty stone...reminds me of an opal in a way. It was so nice of Sarah to think of me!

No comments: